Behavioral Health Webinar for Interested Providers
November 20, 2020
Counties and Medi-Cal providers are invited to join the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) for a Stakeholder Webinar on December 9, from 1:00 – 3:00 PM. The webinar will provide an update on how to become an enrolled Medi-Cal behavioral health provider through the Provider Application and Validation for Enrollment (PAVE) portal.
The webinar will include presentations from DHCS Divisions such as Provider Enrollment, Behavioral Health Licensing and Certification, Audits & Investigations, and Medi-Cal Behavioral Health, all with specific goals, including the following:
- Providing an overview of the Specialty Mental Health Services (SMHS) provider enrollment structure.
- How to use the PAVE ordering, referring, and prescribing enrollment process to meet the Cures Act mandate related to SMHS individual and facility enrollment.
- Providing an overview of Drug Medi-Cal provider enrollment.
- Provider enrollment specifics to tribes.
- How to use the PAVE portal.
- An overview of SMHS and DMC licensing and certification
- Types of providers who need to be licensed versus certified.
- Estimated timeline for licensing and certification processes.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) designations.
- Common applicant mistakes.
- Who to contact if you have follow-up questions.