First CARE Act Working Group Meeting Scheduled for February 14
February 2, 2023
The California Health and Human Services Agency (CalHHS) announced it will be hosting the first Community Assistance, Recovery, and Empowerment (CARE) Act Working Group meeting on February 14 from 1pm-4pm, in collaboration with the Department of Health Care Services and the Judicial Council of California.
A provision of the CARE Act requires CalHHS to convene a working group to provide coordination and on-going engagement with, and support collaboration among, relevant state and local partners and other stakeholders throughout the phases of county implementation to support the successful implementation of the CARE Act. The Working Group is to meet no more than quarterly and is to end no later than December 31, 2026.
The current Working Group membership consists of 25 members, which can be found here. Of note, the county representatives on the Working Group:
- Chevon Kothari – Sacramento County Social Services
- Khatera Aslami – Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services
- Susan Holt – Fresno County Behavioral Health
- Dr. Veronica Kelley – Orange County Mental Health and Recovery Services
- Tracie Riggs – Tuolumne County Administration Office