Implementing Forensic Peer Services in Reentry Webinar
March 23, 2023
The Council of State Governments (CSG), the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Justice Programs’ Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) and the National Reentry Resource Center will host a webinar, Implementing Forensic Peer Services in Reentry, on April 4 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm.
The webinar will provide a preview of an upcoming brief on implementing forensic peer services into reentry programming and will explain what a forensic peer specialist is. Presenters will walk through the steps involved in developing a forensic peer program and how these programs are used to serve people in the justice system who have mental illnesses and co-occurring disorders. Lastly, the webinar will feature speakers from the FY19 Co-Occurring Substance Abuse and Mental Illness Hawaii Department of Health program who will detail how they developed—and have continued expanding—their forensic peer specialist program.
- Tiffany McKnight, Policy Analyst, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center
- Alexis Lacy, Program Manager, Behavioral Health, CSG Justice Center
- Amy Naylor, Services Coordinator, Hawaii Department of Health
- Jacob McPherson, Consumer Affairs Chief, Hawaii Department of Health
- Derwin Teranishi, Forensic Peer Specialist, Adult Mental Health, Hawaii Department of Health
For additional webinar information and to register, please click here.