Joint Webinar on Changes to Mining Laws
September 2, 2016
A host of changes to the Surface Mining and Reclamation Act (SMARA) take effect on January 1. Counties and the mining industry have only a few months to make sure they are ready to implement and abide by the new requirements.
Join CSAC, RCRC, and CalCIMA for a free webinar that can help make sure you are ready for the changes. The webinar will review:
- the need for SMARA improvements.
- changes to financial assurance and reclamation plan approvals.
- inspection and enforcement changes.
- regulatory implementation.
The presenters on these subjects have been chosen for their knowledge and for their roles in implementing the new laws.
The webinar will take place on September 23, 2016, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Pat Perez, Supervisor of Mine Reclamation, California Department of Conservation
- Kerry Shapiro, Partner, Jeffer Mangels Butler and Mitchell, LLP
- Bradley Johnson, Partner, Harrison, Temblador, Hungerford & Johnson
- Jeffrey Schmidt, Executive Officer, State Mining and Geology Board
Register for the webinar online.
For recordings of previous webinars, visit CSAC’s webinar library.