Third Quarterly CARE Act Working Group Meeting Scheduled for August 9
July 27, 2023
The California Health and Human Services Agency (CalHHS), along with the Department of Health Care Services and the Judicial Council of California, will convene the third Community Assistance, Recovery, and Empowerment (CARE) Act Working Group meeting on August 9 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
A provision of the CARE Act requires CalHHS to convene a working group to provide coordination and on-going engagement with, and support collaboration among, relevant state and local partners and other stakeholders throughout the phases of county implementation to support the successful implementation of the CARE Act. The Working Group is to meet no more than quarterly and is to end no later than December 31, 2026.
Topics to be discussed at the August 9 meeting include:
- CARE Act implementation update.
- Updates on Cohort 1 County implementation.
- A presentation on research related to solutions to shift care from the criminal legal system to the mental health care system.
- Updates on Ad Hoc Sub-Groups.
- A panel on supported decision-making, psychiatric directives, and the role of the supporter
- A discussion on the development of CARE Act communication tools