CSAC Vaccine Communications Toolkit for Counties
Updated April 16, 2021
In an effort to encourage community members to take advantage of the COVID-19 vaccine, and elevate the coordinating role of counties and public health departments in the vaccine roll-out, the CSAC Communications Team has developed the following County COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit.
This dynamic and evolving toolkit contains a number of communication resources that Counties can personalize and localize to share with residents. These materials include:
- Vaccine messaging
- eNewsletter article that Supervisors can localize and share with residents
- Graphics for general/statewide audiences or be localized
- Videos for general/statewide audiences or be localized
- Sample Tweets/Facebook posts
- Spanish translations of campaign phrases
- Vaccine Communications Best Practices document from Edelman
The CSAC Communications Team is available to work with Counties to localize the videos/graphics or provide the raw files that internal teams can update themselves. For localization assistance or specific requests, please be sure to contact David Liebler, Director of Public Affairs and Member Services.
While not specifically focused on vaccines, the National Association of Counties compiled a “how-to” guide for communicating during the pandemic. Find everything from how to conduct a virtual press conference to social media best practices for counties here.
By working together, in coordination, we can move the needle on vaccinations and put COVID-19 behind us.