First CARE Act Working Group Meeting Presentation/Recording Available Online
March 9, 2022
As announced in a prior CSAC bulletin, the California Health and Human Services Agency (CalHHS) hosted the first Community Assistance, Recovery, and Empowerment (CARE) Act Working Group meeting on February 14, in collaboration with the Department of Health Care Services and the Judicial Council of California. Both the Working Group meeting presentation and full meeting recording are now available on the CARE Act Working Group webpage.
A provision of the CARE Act requires CalHHS to convene a working group to provide coordination and on-going engagement with, and support collaboration among, relevant state and local partners and other stakeholders throughout the phases of county implementation to support the successful implementation of the CARE Act. The Working Group is to meet no more than quarterly and is to end no later than December 31, 2026.
The current Working Group membership consists of 25 members, which can be found here. Of note, the county representatives on the Working Group:
- Khatera Aslami – Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services
- Susan Holt – Fresno County Behavioral Health
- Dr. Veronica Kelley – Orange County Mental Health and Recovery Services
- Chevon Kothari – Sacramento County Social Services
- Tracie Riggs – Tuolumne County Administration Office
The next Working Group meetings as currently posted on the CARE Act Working Group webpage are scheduled as follows:
- May 10, 2023: 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- August 9, 2023: 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- November 8, 2023: 1:00-3:00 p.m.
We will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.