Interactive Broadcast on Pretrial Justice:
"How to Maximize Public Safety, Court Appearance, and Release"
September 2, 2016
The National Institute of Corrections (NIC) will present an interactive broadcast entitled “Pretrial Justice: How to Maximize Public Safety, Court Appearance, and Release,” on Thursday, September 8.
During the broadcast presenters will:
- define the framework for developing a pretrial justice system;
- discuss the importance of bail history and the legal processes underlying it;
- identify the essential elements of a legal and evidence-based pretrial justice system;
- identify the importance of the criminal justice system to support a pretrial services agency;
- and discuss the differences between technical and adaptive change within organizations and the effects on implementation.
This broadcast is open to anyone and the following groups are especially encouraged to join: Defense Attorneys, Prosecutors, Judges/Judicial Officers, Sheriffs/Jail Administrators, Law Enforcement, State and Local Officials. For more information and to register click here.