Kennedy, Bendorf, Aguirre on No Place Like Home Commitee
February 23, 2017
Governor Jerry Brown has appointed several new people to serve on the No Place Like Home Technical Committee, including Sacramento County Supervisor Patrick Kennedy, Yuba County Administrator Robert Bendorf, and San Diego County Director of Behavioral Health Alfredo Aguirre. The other new members include:
- Jacky Morales-Ferrand, Director at the City of San Jose Housing Department.
- Va Lecia Adams Kellum, President and CEO at the St. Joseph Center
These appointees join the other members of the NPLH Advisory Committee:
- Maggie Merritt, the Executive Director of the Steinberg Institute, who was appointed by the Senate Rules Committee in January
- The Director of Housing and Community Development
- The Director of Health Care Services, or their designee
- An Additional Representative from the Department of Health Care Services
- The Secretary of Veterans Affairs, or their designee
- The Director of Social Services or their designee
- The State Treasurer or their designee
- The Chair of the Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission, or their designee
The final members of the NPLH Advisory Committee, who will be a representative of a community mental health organization and a resident of supportive housing, has yet to be appointed by, respectively, the Speaker of the Assembly or the Governor. Additional information on the No Place Like Home Program, including the Advisory Committee, can be found here. We want to congratulate the three county designees and look forward to working with them to implement the program.