CSAC Joint Homelessness Task Force
Homelessness impacts all 58 counties in California – rural or urban, northern or southern, inland or coastal. It impacts individuals and families of every background. The causes of homelessness can be traced to a variety of problems including loss of employment, lack of affordable housing, drug and alcohol abuse, and physical and mental illness. There is no one solution to this growing problem.
Because of the complexities of this issue, solutions to homelessness need to cross many public policy areas from housing, land use, health, social services, mental health, criminal justice and beyond. Homelessness is also cross-jurisdictional. That is why counties are joining together with our city partners to look at addressing the growing problem of homelessness in California. CSAC and the League of California Cities have formed a Homelessness Task Force to explore how we can overcome challenges, foster best practices, share ideas and resources and begin addressing this complex issue.
These pages will become a clearinghouse for that information.
Please click on the link to see the CSAC Spotlight Video on our homelessness advocacy efforts.
Task Force Agendas and Other Documents:
Task Force Meeting: May 11, 2017, Agenda and other documents.
5-11-17 AgendaEssential Components of Homeless PlansBSCC 2016 MIOCR ReportMIOCR Juvenile RFPLEAD Project SummariesLEAD RFPProposition 47 Request for ProposalsOverview of Proposed Housing ServicesSaint John's PowerpointWhole Person Care Joint Homelessness Task Force Downtown Streets Team PresentationHomelessness Task Force - Best Practices
Task Force Meeting: November 28, 2016, Agenda and other documents.
11-28-16 Agenda LA County Housing Gap Analysis Funding Options to Address Homelessness Los Angeles City County Joint Presentation
First Task Force Meeting: September 23, 2016, Agenda and other documents.
9-23-16 Agenda Background Document Task Force Roster Bringing Californians Home: Homelessness in the nation’s wealthiest state Combatting Homelessness in Sacramento County Final Meeting Notes
CSAC Regional Meeting, September 22, 2016
Click here for presentations from:
- Ben Metcalf, Director, California Department of Housing and Community Development;
- Susan Price, Director of Care Coordination, Orange County;
- Dena Fuentes, San Bernardino County;
- Susan Bower, Assistant Director, Health and Human Services Agency, San Diego County;
- Lesley Blacher, Senior Manager, Chief Executive Office’s Service Integration Branch, Los Angeles County
– H.U.D. Homelessness Assistance
– U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
– California Department of Housing and Community Development
– National Alliance to End Homelessness
– 2015 H.U.D. Annual Homeless Assessment Report to Congress, Part 1
– H.U.D. Point-in-Time and Housing Inventory Count data since 2007
– National Alliance to End Homelessness 2016 State of Homelessness
– U.S. I.C.H. Opening Doors: Federal Strategic Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness (2015)
– Legislative Analyst’s Office Overview of State Homelessness Programs